Treaty is an invitation into sharing land for the benefit of all living things. Learn about the ways this sacred commitment can breathe new life into our relationships with one another and the world around us.
147: Pathway to Treaty Relations – June 23, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. Tent – Resource tables and Registration open (These will be open all day for people to come and go)
- 10:00 a.m. Encampment Fire – Welcome & prayer; Sacred Fire Opening (Rey Anderson)
- 10:30 a.m. Picnic shelter/MPR – Guest Teachers (Allen Sutherland/Chris Henderson)
- 11:15 a.m. Picnic shelter/MPR – Guest Teachers (Allen Sutherland/Chris Henderson)
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch! Break out into groups for lunch and have people share where their family history (i.e. where parents/grandparents/ancestors are from and how they got here).
- 12:45 p.m. Picnic shelter – Panel guest stories
- 1:15 p.m. Picnic shelter – Conversation and Q & A with Emcee’s, guest teachers and panel guests
- 2:00 p.m. Encampment Fire – Rey Anderson – Sacred Fire ceremony where people can offer prayer and tobacco.
- 2:30 p.m. – Back to Winnipeg
Transportation to and from Lower Fort Garry leaves
– Salvation Army Family Centre, 51 Morrow Avenue at 8:30 am or
– IRCOM, 215 Isabel Street at 9:00am.
Please sign up at the above organizations, email@example.com or call 204-896-1616.